Peek

Here’s a quick peek at the (almost) finished AS3 ‘Art’, to learn more about it click here to go to the newspost about it.

Yamaha AS3 'Art' preview

Comments { 0 }

Carbs

We’ve made some changes to the AS3 ‘Art’ project. The front fender is now painted black to match the rear fender instead of chromed as the regular AS3-models. We feel that it’ll match the overall looks better this way. Don’t worry: we used a used front fender that would have needed a new layer of chrome anyway :)

At the moment we’re working with getting all the artwork onto the painted parts, easier said than done… We’ll have more updates as we go along!

One big change, effective immediately, concerning the website: the links page is gone! Instead we have the links right here on the front page, right below the slideshow of our motorcycles. If you hover over them you’ll even see a quick description of who they are.

We’ve also taken the time to disassemble a lot of the used carburetors to clean and restore them. Some are in better condition than others…

The small nozzles are almost always clogged and are next to impossible to get properly clean. Many times when the bikes run poorly, the problem is with the nozzles is the carburetors. Luckily we have restoration kits that contain the nozzles, gaskets and springs. As long as we can get the carburetor housing clean, we’ll be able to restore them.

In the slideshow below you can see both the AS3 and the carburetors.

Comments { 1 }

Carburetors and engine

We’ve kept working on the AS3 ‘Art’ project. Mostly on the carburetors and the engine. If everything goes as planned we’ll be able to finish it during christmas!

Comments { 0 }

Stories

At long last it is time for a new update! A lot has happened in the few hectic weeks since the last update, now everything is back to normal again so we’ll resume with more regular updates.

Last week we had a visit from Classic Bike, the swedish magazine, who did an interview with us and took pictures of the bikes. Keep your eyes peeled for their christmas issue to get a closer look!

We also have a new update on the AS3 ‘Art’ project. It’s starting to differ from our regular restorations now: the rear fender is painted black, so are the engine side covers. We’ll probably get a black front fender as well to replace the regular chromed one we have in place now. Time will tell!

Comments { 0 }

Almost back

We’ve started working on the AS3 ‘Art’ project again. So far we have just gotten the front fork and engine in place. We should be able to get back to doing regular updates soon!

Comments { 0 }