Archive | April, 2011

New gallery of the red AS1C

We have some brand new pictures of our red AS1C up. It was one of the first bikes we shot a gallery of so it needed a bit of freshening up. Check it out in the museum here!

Yamaha AS1C Red 1968 2

Comments { 0 }


In the second to last update we showed some pictures of the engine block for the AS3 project when they were freshly arrived from Smethurst. Now we’ve had the time to put everything together, the engine has been rebuilt from the ground up with NOS parts. You can see that and more in the project update here! Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

For the road

It has been a long time since we started a new project, it feels like we’re overdue for one. Not to disappoint: we’ll be doing a new “Drive” project. In the last AS1 “Drive” project we did, we fixed an AS1 using as few spare parts as possible. You can see that project here.

This time we’ll be going for a different approach: we’ll focus on creating a bike that is as good to use on the road as possible.

Comments { 0 }


The engine has been rebuilt from the ground up with NOS parts! The guys over at Yamaha Center helped get the entire engine perfectly balanced, it should run beautifully. So far we’ve just got the engine mounted on the frame and we have started adding things like the foot rest.

Comments { 0 }


This update is a bit sneaky: I actually placed the new things on the site last Friday. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to write the update then so here it is a few days delayed.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }