It’s cold like crazy here at the moment: during the night a new record low for the entire measurement period (back to 1878) was set! We’re in the south of Sweden, next to Denmark, and still it’s -20C!
It hasn’t stopped us working on the bikes however it has made it harder for us to drive out to our warehouse to get parts. Luckily for us we had everything we needed to complete our improvement of our first AS3 (ever). It has mostly been down to the small details: all the old screws have been replaced new ones.
We’ve started a new project page for the red AS3, it’s almost completely disassembled. Check it out here.
Well, since we’re almost done with disassembling the bike it felt like it was time to get it a project page of its own.
The bike is almost completely in pieces now. Overall things have gone well with it, no unexpected surprises. Next up is getting the frame blasted.
Some of you may have noticed how some of the links in the top bar has changed, both name and location. For the last two weeks I’ve been working behind the scenes of the website in order to improve it. Over time we’ve ended up with a website with a lot of information, both text and pictures. Unfortunately it has gotten harder and harder to navigate and given the incremental way we’ve added new things we were left with a structure that meant you had to go searching in order to find what you want.
Continue Reading →
At the moment we’re working on three red AS3s at once! Though one is mainly for parts, one is orange at the moment but will turn red soon enough. The last one is actually the very first bike we ever fixed: we missed a lot of details and took a few shortcuts back then so it wasn”t up to spec compared with what we do now. We’ve taken it apart completely and now we”re rebuilding it, about half the parts are the old ones: the rest are NOS that we lacked when we first fixed it…
This also means that we’re almost done with our oversight of our first bikes and one thing is for certain: we’ve learned a lot since we first began. It feels good to have all the old restorations in order now, the first snow is rolling in and it’ll be good to have them in the museum in time for winter. The environment there is good for storing them, we’ve really had them too dry and hot before so some of the rubber details have started to dry. Of course all of that is replaced now, hopefully for the last time…
We’re also set to get into gear with our new AS3 restoration we announced last update: not that much new there tonight though: we’re disassembling it at the moment and so far it’s looking good, very little rust.
We’ve also received a new shipment from Smethurst of freshly chromed delights, among other things a whole bunch of parts for the rear shocks.
Stay tuned for the weekend, we’ll have a new gallery up then!